CALL FOR APPLICATIONS CFA-CO-004-2022
Open to internal and external candidates
Job Title: Administrative Clerk
Duty station: Dakar, (Senegal)
Type of appointment: Special Short Term Non-graduated 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Deadline: July 28, 2022
Estimated start date: As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is a sister organization to the United Nations and, as the lead UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does this by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the general supervision of the Head of Resource Management and the direct supervision of the Head of Human Resources in close coordination with the Human Resources Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for the performance of administrative and clerical duties at the mission of the mission. ‘IOM in Senegal.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities: In particular, the incumbent will:
- Create and maintain an orderly filing system – both electronically and on paper;
- Perform administrative tasks such as copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Assist in contacting all shortlisted candidates for interviews, send invitations to Ms teams and distribute interview schedule, ensure all interview related materials are available,
- Administer the practical skills test if necessary.
- Maintain timesheet records and prepare monthly staff attendance reports;
- Help plan the logistics of trainings, workshops and meetings;
- Provide general administrative support to the resource management team
- Perform any other related task that may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in administration or a related field from a recognized institution with one year of relevant experience in administration or, • High school diploma with at least three years of relevant work experience
• Strong computer skills including MS Office packages (Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) Internet and email
• Personal commitment, efficiency and results.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills with strict attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a highly confidential manner
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a diverse team.
• Flexible and able to quickly adapt to new and different environments
• Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills with a proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a diverse team.
Fluency in English and French (oral and written). Required skills The incumbent must demonstrate the following values and skills:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and Transparency: Maintaining high ethical standards and acting in accordance with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a calm, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and between units to achieve common goals and maximize results.
• Results Delivery produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed results.
• Knowledge management and sharing constantly seek to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: owns the achievement of organizational priorities and takes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex topics in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate within the framework of this call for applications is subject to confirmation of funding.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements and security clearances
How to register
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by e-mail to: [email protected] with reference to this announcement in the subject: “CFA-CO-004-2022 and full name”. The application must contain a CV and a cover letter. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From July 15, 2022 to July 28, 2022.