The Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce recently announced its executive committee leadership and new board members for 2022.
The 2022 Chamber Board Chair is Michael Wong, SmithAmundsen, Partner; Yvonne Irving, Vice President, Membership, KCT Credit Union; Keith Rauschenberger, Treasurer, Rauschenberger Financial Advisors; and Yaneth Medina, former president of the Elgin State Bank.
New board members include: Lisa Baran, Elgin Sweeper; William Galdo, Flender Corp. ; Dr. Rise Jones, Hamilton Wings; Dekovia Livingston, Livingston Taxes Inc.; and Max Zakharenko, Middleby Corp.
“On behalf of our members, I am grateful to the leadership of our Board of Directors for their willingness to lead our Chamber,” said Carol Gieske, President and CEO, Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce. “Their volunteer time and energy support our chamber with a positive focus for the benefit of our member companies and the community at large.”
• Wong is a partner in the law firm SmithAmundsen. As a management-side labor and employment lawyer, he provides aggressive and responsible representation to clients on a wide range of matters, including employment law issues and lawsuits, including discrimination and harassment, ADA disability issues, FMLA administration and claims, recreation and medicine. cannabis issues in the workplace and a number of employee policy issues.
• Baran serves as Regional Director of Human Resources and supports more than 800 employees in four industries in Idaho, Montana, Texas and at Elgin Sweeper Company in Elgin. She has been a member of Elgin Development Group’s Workforce Development Committee since 2014 and has served as its Chair since 2016. She and her family have been residents of Elgin for 28 years.
• Galdo is CEO of Flender Corp. in Elgin which produces Winergy gearboxes and generators for sustainable power generation worldwide, in addition to first-class gearboxes and connection-couplings. Galdo is originally from Pennsylvania, where he grew up on a small horse farm. A resident of Pingree Grove since 2016, he and his wife of 28 years have three adult children.
• Dr. Jones is co-founder of Hamilton Wings, a non-profit organization that, through the best of arts education, encourages positive youth development with an emphasis on youth responsibility for learning and leadership . She is a partner of Evaluation Solutions, a private consultancy and performs regularly as a distinguished and talented singer.
• Livingston began his career as a tax accountant in 2004 after starting Livingston Taxes, Inc. providing services to individuals and small business owners with income tax, payroll, accounting, advisory finance and business start-up. She serves on the Board of Directors of the global non-profit Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) as Director of Accounting and volunteers as Commissioner of the City of Elgin’s Sustainability Council.
• Zakharenko is chairman of Middleby Marshall, a division of The Middleby Corp. at Elgin. He is responsible for the strategy, product development, sales and day-to-day operations of the Middleby Marshall and CTX brands which are based and manufactured on Toastmaster Drive in Elgin. Prior to joining Middleby Marshall, he was an integral part of Middleby’s corporate accounting team.
The Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce is a proven collaborative resource for the business community and provides relevant, innovative and impactful programs and services that ensure a healthy business climate and improved quality of life.
For more information, connect with the chamber online at www.ElginChamber.com; on social media platforms Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, or by phone at (847) 741-5660.