Your responsibility as an office administrative manager is to oversee the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office.
The Office Administrator provides administrative and hospitality support to the office and human resources department, primarily as front desk customer service.
This includes front line service from staff, vendors and visitors. The position requires daily communication and interaction with internal and external customers.
In our small organization, you will do most of the work yourself.
As the office administrative manager, you will:
• Welcome, filter and direct visitors. Answer, assist and direct all office related telephone calls. Receive and deliver messages to the right people. Answer and explain general business-related questions.
• Create HR/office related memos and spreadsheets; for call lists, meetings, etc. Photocopy and collate confidential and non-confidential material.
• Sort and distribute daily physical mail and parcels. Maintain confidentiality with sensitive material and distribute it accordingly.
• Recruitment assistance: Receive applications and CVs from potential candidates, screen and correspond with candidates as necessary to schedule interviews.
• Assist with 3rd party payroll integration: enter new hire information into appropriate systems, track status of new hire documents.
• Assist HR to file confidential documents, create new employee files.
• Assist Human Resources, Operations and Management team with any additional business needs.
• Use a range of software, including e-mail, spreadsheets and databases, to ensure the efficient operation of the office.
• Develop and implement new administrative systems, such as records management.
• Record office expenses and manage budget.
• Organize office layout and maintain stationery supplies and equipment.
• Maintain office condition and arrange for necessary repairs.
• Arrange meetings with staff, which may include entering agendas and taking minutes.
• Oversee the recruitment of new staff.
• Write reports for senior management and make presentations.
• Review and update health and safety policies and ensure they are adhered to.
• Verify that data protection laws are followed with respect to data storage, and review and update policies.
• Manage social media for your organization.
You will need to have:
• 3+ years of experience in an administrative support role reporting directly to senior management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexible team player ready to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and loves challenges.
• The ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters.
• Flexibility to adapt to the changing landscape and ingenious to solve problems.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and other commonly used office software packages.
• Strong computer and typing skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure.
• Ability to manage your workload and supervise others simultaneously and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to converse at senior management and board level.
• Negotiation and relationship building skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads.
• A problem-solving approach to work.
• Project management skills.
• Knowledge of employment, equality and diversity and data protection legislation – this is helpful but not essential.